Monday, June 20, 2011

Christmas Ornaments In JUNE??



Yes, you are reading this correctly...I have started my Christmas ornaments for this year! Years ago when I could not afford to buy ornaments for my Christmas trees I would make my own. When I was a kid, I watched my Grandma make beaded ornaments for her trees (she usually had two or three trees) and I wanted to make ornaments that I would want to keep forever, and pass down to my children. I have a special place in my heart for beaded Christmas ornaments, so I decided this year to make a few for my Etsy shop. The whole process is a long one, so if I don't start now they won't be done until sometime in 2014! Here is the first one painted and I have started beading. I'm using the paper mache craft balls, adding the beads will make the ornaments a bit heavy so I have wired the balls straight through and covered the end with my signature silver tag made from silver clay. I wanted to make heirloom quality ornaments and I think the extra effort will be worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment