Friday, January 14, 2011

Bead And Wire Artists Team Challenge: Chocolate!


This is the first team challenge for the BAWA Team. Make something that represents chocolate for Valentine's Day. The nature of what I do allows me to be very literal for this project. I am making a heart shaped box of chocolates. Each chocolate has been sculpted out of air dry clay and painted. I added a little "candy" accent to the top of each "chocolate". I will cover each one completely with seed beads in shades of dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and white chocolate. The heart box will be covered in fabric and lined in velvet ribbon (I think). I haven't worked out the box design yet, just focusing on the "chocolates" for now! So far I am happy with the way they look, and since my husband wanted to eat one last night, I think I am on the right track!

No comments:

Post a Comment