Thursday, January 20, 2011

Chocolate Valentine Bead and Wire Artist Team Challenge UPDATe




I finally finished the piece for the BAWA Team challenge! This was our first team challenge and I had so much fun making this piece. I covered a cardboard heart box with a polyester faux silk fabric, and finished it with velvet ribbon. I wanted it to have the look and feel of a jewelry box but also give the impression of a box of chocolates. Each "chocolate" was sculpted from air-dry clay, painted, then covered in glass seed beads. I accented each piece with a "candy" bead, resin flower or leaf, or glass cabochon. I am giving the customer the option to give this gift of faux chocolates by themselves or with a velvet roll or ribbon for an engagement ring, or another piece of jewelry for Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment