Thursday, July 14, 2011

Controlled Chaos?



Nope, out of control total chaos. This is my studio space, and if cleanliness is next to Godliness well I guess I am rubbing elbows with good 'ol Lucifer right about now.
I heard myself talking to my friend on the phone yesterday while trying to find something on my work bench:
"I swear I don't know how it got this bad, it just sort of happened." As soon as the words came out of my mouth I knew who I sounded like. I sounded like every single person on every episode of "Hoarders". They all say the same thing: "I don't know how this happened, I just woke up one day and it was like this", and as my pal Lucifer over here is quick to point out, that is a total lie. I know exactly how it got this way, I got busy and I got lazy. He would also like to point out that Martha Stewart would never let this happen. Man he can be a real jerk sometimes!


So this is my studio and my main workbench which you can't even see under all of the stuff, I don't even have space to really work anymore, and do you want to know what the worst part is? Much like many of the hoarders on TV, once my hoard got to out of hand and I ran out of room to work, I moved my chaos to another location!



You have seen it before with a particularly bad hoarder...the house is packed and you think "wow it doesn't get much worse than that!" and then it does. The hoarder admits they have a second house packed to the rafters. Well my hoard has now migrated into the house and onto the dining room table. This is how it starts people! Pretty soon I will stop going into my studio all together. I will simply walk away and like the first hoarder house I will pretend it does not exist. It will quickly become a home for spiders, opossums, and the occasional hobo. I killed a black widow in there yesterday, so it already well on the way.
Now is the time for me to admit this is a problem and stop it before it gets worse. Much like the "certified organizer" lady who walks in to a hoarder's home with that deer in headlights sort of look on her face... you my reader are witness to my issues. I will be cleaning up my act, and hopefully posting pictures of a beautifully clean and organized studio soon. Or I am all talk and nothing will change, if that is the case...pretend this post never happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment